ToolHound 5 Mobile – Coming Soon to a Mobile Phone Near You
In today’s world, mobile computers and handheld devices allow us to have everything at our fingertips no matter where we go. Of course, this phenomenon has become particularly important on the job. You need access to your complete tool inventory at all times, whether you are working remotely in the field or moving between tool crib locations.
Our popular ToolHound Mobile software delivers quick and easy data collection and inventory management on the go when paired with a ToolHound mobile computer.
Now, with the recent addition of Wenhui Fan to our development team, we plan to release a new version of the ToolHound 5 Mobile software soon.
ToolHound 5 Mobile Features
ToolHound 5 Mobile for Phones and Tablets will be able to run on any smart device with a web browser. Based on the HTML5 standard, the upgraded ToolHound 5 Mobile will offer similar functionality and ease-of-use to the current version. The initial release will allow you to:
- Issue and return tools, equipment and consumables and
- See what tools are currently issued to an entity.
Future releases will add additional tool control functionality such as:
- Look up and reassign items,
- Transfer inventory between locations,
- Receive purchased inventory,
- Count Inventory,
- Add new items to inventory,
- Read service meters,
- Complete service work orders, and
- Determine where an item is located.
Look for the initial release of this new inventory control software very soon.